Re: Disputes between developers - content, draft #4

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I think you must have a different experience to me.  I've found that
> many developers don't seem to share enough of the context and unspoken
> rules.  I think writing them down will help.  I also think it might
> produce some useful pressure on those people who ought to know better
> but lapse occasionally.  (And I'm not excluding myself here.)

Ok, let's go with that idea then.  That most developers do not share a common
background, or a common upbringing.  That means that each developer will
interact differently to each situation.

So, now you come along, and want to write a document that describes best how
to interact.  Well, from what I have seen, you have gave this document your
own personal spin, have not been willing to let the whole populace at large
offer critiques, and when critiques do come, you selectively ignore those that
to not fit in with your own view points on the issue.

If this document is to be truly cross-civilization compatible, then all such
civilizations involved *must* be given complete involvment.  Ie, let
*everyone* have their say, and become completely impartial.