Re: hpt372

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Gilbert Martin wrote:

> I want to know if HPT372 raid controler will be support on the next
> version of debian?
>
> Because i have an ABIT KR7A-RAID, and i can't install linux debian on my
> system.

According to the URL below (found searching Google) it might be fixed in
Linux 2.4.19 and if so also in the next major release of Debian:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.2/1001.html

Are you impatient and have access to another Linux machine, then try
grabbing and installing a 2.4.19 kernel package from sid manually (using
dpkg -i), or compile a 2.4.19 kernel yourself...

 - Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard (+45 40843136)          http://dr.jones.dk/~jonas/
Spiff ApS (= IT-guide dr. Jones ApS)     http://dr.jones.dk/