Re: Spam ??

ellipses wrote:
> Im kinda of new to the lists... been on for about three weeks,  But noticed
> something strange start this week.
> There has bee a bunch of different spam show up and stuff on the list..  Is
> this normal?!?!

Unfortunately, yes.  We are keeping the lists open for anybody, especially
for users with misconfigured mail systems and html writing programs.  That,
however, lets spam sneak in as well.

You can check the mail headers, there are special headers from SpamAssassin,
and you can filter out most of the spam by reading this header and dropping
mail if it says that it is spam.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Every use of Linux is a proper use of Linux.  -- Jon "Maddog" Hall