Re: "Bug of the month", or how to get people fixing bugs

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 11:04:30PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 12:29:01PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > There is also another positive effect - this will make maintainers broaden
> > their horizon by touching some other packages which I think would be
> > a good thing for Debian.
>
> Well, if with "touching" you mean NMU'ing right away to score a point, I
> wouldn't call it "possitive".

That's why new bugs are assigned only once a month, though.  Players
will have one month to get their bugs fixed, and doing it faster will
not help their score.  A hasty NMU will just increase the chance of
the bug being reopened (or otherwise contested), which is bad for their
score.

(Hmm, I wonder if they system should treat delayed NMUs the same way
it treats pending tags, to avoid hasty uploads on the 31st.)

Richard Braakman