Re: "Bug of the month", or how to get people fixing bugs

Le Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:45:18AM +0100, Andrew Suffield écrivait:
> People register to play, and each month, all the players are given
> three randomly selected bugs to tackle. Points are awarded to those

I had a similar idea long ago but I never tried to do anything with it
because of the possible counter-effects on debian's quality. But if you
say that you took the time to think about all those problems, then it
might be a fun game to try. :-)

I hope that everyone subscribed to debian-qa will participate... that
would kill a considerable number of bugs each month. ;-)

> This is far from a full set of rules; far more details were covered in
> the IRC discussion which spawned this. Lots of possible abuses were

Do you have a log of this discussion ? I'd be interested in the
details...

> But, before I go implementing any of this, I want to know if people
> are interested. So, if you think you'd like to try it, send mail to
> asuffield-bug-of-the-month@debian.org. (From: addresses will be fed

(bcced this mail to that address)

Cheers,
--