Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective

Le Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:08:36AM -0500, John R. Daily écrivait:
> I'm not familiar with testing-proposed-updates, but there is at
> least one other mechanism that would seem to help not only this,
> but other problems:  Testing chroots.

That's doing what t-p-u does. t-p-u is built against testing.

> If developers built their packages in a testing environment
> instead of an unstable one, there would be fewer packages stuck
> involuntarily in unstable.  Also, building in a chroot would help
> highlight other dependency problems.

It's not enough. The maintainer can upload to unstable packages built
against testing but the autobuilders will build againt unstable and
the packages will still be kept in unstable until all arches can move in
the same time in testing ...

Cheers,