a debian package for axion, an open source relational database s ystem written in and for the Java programming language

Title: a debian package for axion, an open source relational database system written in and for the Java programming language

Hi all,

I am interested in creating/submitting/maintaining a new package for debian (similar to way the tomcat4 package http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/tomcat4.html is available). This package would be for the www.tigris.org project called axion http://axion.tigris.org/.

Axion is an open source relational database system written in and for the Java programming language. The axion team has developed and is actively working on a lightweight, scalable, modular and complete relational database system in Java, including full SQL and JDBC compliance, in-process and client/server operation and fully in-memory or persistent data.

I am pretty familiar with debian but I don't know much about how I go about submitting this package. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Steve Polyak
Encyclopaedia Britannica