Re: Fwd: Is it possible to unsubscribe from the debian-users list?

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 08:18:25PM +0000, Siward de Groot wrote:
> Hi, i saw this on debian-user; forwarding to people that can do
> something about it.
>
> > The listmaster
> > --------------
> > To reach a human being answering your mail you may contact the address
> > listmaster@lists.debian.org. We will process your request as soon as
> > we can.
> >
> > This is the fourth try.
>
> does debian have a contingency-plan for if lists break ?

Yes, the plan goes something like "wait for one of the people in the
listmaster team to go through three dozen help requests before yours and
then fix yours" <shrug>

They are working through the backlog, though, I just had a mail from
mid-April answered today. For what that's worth :)

Bill -- temporary solution would be to ditch all mails from the mailing list
you wish to be unsubscribed using procmail or some similar tool, on your
email server. If your server allows for such things, that is...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.