Free documents database.

Hi,
I am a Debian developer and I wrote some weeks ago but I had no reply.
I really would like to hear from you about this project.
I think it can be very useful for free software community,
and maybe it could be much more useful if it could become
a Debian project avaible through Debian WWW pages.
What do you think?

Here is a short description of the project.
Our aim is to collect every document, every text released under the
terms of a free license.
We are using Dewey to classify documents.
We are also using Dublin core metadata elements and
OMF elements to classify resources. This ensures cross
compatibility with librarian classification systems.

The engine is ready and we are testing it. We used
PHP+PostgreSQL. The test page is http://www.gfdd.org

Every resource (document) stored in the database may have translations and published
editions.

                Officially published edition/s
               /
Main resource=
               \
                Translation/s

Example:

Main resource:
--------------
Debian GNU/Linux Guide (John Goerzen, Ossama Othman)
(http://www.newriders.com/debian/html/noframes/debian-tutorial.html)
 |     |
 |     |    Published editions:
 |     |    -------------------
 |     +--- 1) Debian Gnu/Linux : Guide to Installation and Usage (english, New
 |     |        Riders Publishing - http://www2.newriders.com/)
 |     +--- 2) Debian GNU/Linux Guida all'installazione e all'uso (italian
 |             translation (Hops Libri - http://www.hopslibri.com)
 |
 |  Translations:
 |  -------------
 +--None avaible

Here follows a simplified database structure for main resources, translations
and published editions.

[Fields for main resources]
  title,
  description,
  free license,
  author/s,
  contributor/s,
  language,
  creation year,
  version/edition,
  type (guide, book, article, tutorial, ecc.),
  keyword/s,
  Main (dewey) category,
  Sub-category
  source format,
  URL,
  Quick download URL,
  resource e-mail,
  maintainer/s,
  notes

[Fields for published editions:]
  publisher,
  version/edition published,
  creation year,
  language,
  translation,
  Unique identifier (ISBN),
  pages,
  price,
  notes

[Fields for translations]:
  translated title,
  translator,
  version/edition translated,
  translation year,
  language,
  translation URL,
  translation URL quick download,
  notes

--
Gaetano Paolone GnuPG:69A5 548C 4145 1116 8CA9  2CB5 9448 3FA3 54DB 33D3
  Debian developer - bigpaul@debian.org.  Home: http://www.bigpaul.org