Re: LINUX - UMA CONTRIBUIÇÃO ...

Guys, I will not be translating this entirely because it really is not worth
it. It was not demeaning, or insulting... it just lacked a lot of clue.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Missao Tanizaki wrote:
> Adquiri a um certo tempo uma revista acompanhado de um CD, onde seu conteúdo
> principal é o sistema operacional do Linux/Debiam.

I have bought one magazine, and its main contents are a Debian CD.

> Adquiri a revista porque o sistema operacional disponibilizado pode ser
> rodado diretamente do CD, sem a necessidade de sua instalação no disco
> rígido.

Said CD can be run directly, without installing the programs to the HD.
T.N: This was probably a demolinux CD

> Isso é muito importante porque permite aos usuários inexperientes realizarem
> seus testes iniciais sem correr o risco de comprometer a instalação de seu
> sistema operacional pré-instalado.

That CD is a Cool Thing. We are afraid of hosing our systems, and one that
doesn't touch the HD is a winner.

> O Software do CD que adquiri apresenta um problema - é um software DEMO.

But said CD had a problem: it was a demo CD.
N.T.: hint: it was probably a demolinux CD :P

And he goes on about how that was a pity, etc.  He wants a run-from-CD
system that isn't a Demo...

I will kindly explain to him that someone pulled his leg, and to try out our
real CD sometime :)  I don't have the heart to tell him 'demolinux' isn't a
demo at all...

  Henrique Holschuh