Re: Spam

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:54:04PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> [moved to debian-project as requested]
>
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:50:52PM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> >
> > [ This discussion is better suited to debian-project, and you can
> > quote me publically on what I state below ]
> >
> > The answer is to moderate the list, as the Apache Software Foundations
> > successfully does.
>
> No.  I _hate_ it when somebody cross-posts to a moderated list I'm not a
> member of.  I have flamed everybody involved in the past for doing this
> stupid shit.  If debian moderates its lists, I _will_ leave the project.

You are totally right. The answer is to put everybody who sends spam
in jail for 10 years. That should solve the problem! (Just talking
about spam doesn't solve anything, neither does moderating).

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org