Re: Installing .deb packages on RedHat Linux

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 04:22:00PM -0500, Alex Leytes wrote:
> "A program to unpack a Debian package onto a Linux host that is been built
> from a `foreign' distribution is available, and will generally work, in the
> sense that files will be unpacked."
> I am sorry to bother you with this, but I couldn't find the information on
> how to get this utility. How is it called and where to get it?

I think you're talking about alien. You can get it at freshmeat or a
archive site for debian or redhat packages.

http://packages.debian.org/alien

--
Mark Janssen     Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark(at)markjanssen.nl / maniac(at)maniac.nl     GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178