Re: Unidentified subject!

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:39:12PM +0100, daniel.dominguez@alum.esci.es wrote:
> I'm a student of International Trade in Barcelona, and now I'm studing the
> structure of organizations. For this reason I choose Linux, because I'm a user
> of Linux and I want to know more about it.

ok, but debian (and the linux community as a whole) is not a 'normal'
Trade.

http://www.debian.org/social_contract

http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
http://www.debian.org/devel/people
http://www.debian.org/intro/

> 3-How you control the countries distribution centers?

We don't really control this.

We have a master copy and same mirrors make a copy from this
ftp-master (see http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist)

> 4-Have you have sinme reward or incentive sistems?

no (or yes?).

this is fun and this is our incentive.

> 5-Which is the benefit or profitn, and the motivations of your developers?

it is all only fun. There is no direct profit.

see: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch1.html#s1.1

> 7-Can you tell me your market share in linux world?

no, nobody can answer this question in the linux market.

you can buy a cd and copy this 100 times or install debian from one cd
on 100 computers.

> If you can't answer these questions or have more information, I greateful if
> you send me somethong relationated with your organization.

see on http://www.debian.de/ and you find everything.

Gruss
Grisu
"In der ersten Sitzung[1] wird besprochen: 'Hilfe, ich habe ein Handbuch
 gelesen, statt Informatik zu studieren .. und.. ICH KAM ZURECHT MIT LINUX'"
                   -- Susanne Schmidt in de.comp.os.linux.misc