Debian Release 2.2.4

Debian Developers,
I have just finished installing Debian on my machine for the very first time, and I must say that I am very impressed with the distribution. I have used RedHat, Mandrake, and Slackware in the past. I have moved toward the direction of Slackware because I don't like all of the extra stuff that is installed with the other distros. I like to have control over what goes on the machine without having to remove packages after the fact.

The installation was a complete success with no problems whatsoever.

I have a Pentium 200 with a 4 gig IDE hard drive, S3 video card with 2 megs, 128 megs ram on the main board, and a Creative Labs Sound Card.

I am looking forward to learning all I can about the Debian distro so that I can hopefully be of some assistance to your efforts in the near future.

Thanks again for the labor of love that went into this project, and for providing a viable alternative to the garbage that is put on the market by others (ie MicroSoft) who are only interested in their own pocket book...

Dave Ward
draw77@sbcglobal.net