re: Collaboration Proposal..

  Hello,

  whether what they sent is UCE (ontopic), or sipmly a glorification of
their
  company could be discussed. However, as I read that mail, I (perhaps
  wrongly) ipmlied that they provide space for us to describe "our"
  distribution, and they surely have the capability to host a local mirror
of
  debian/debian-non-US.

  It is sad to see that at this moment, the debian project is not that
present
  in romania, but I think this gives us the opporunity to become more
present
  there.

  So instead of arguing whether this was spam, we should go about and mail
  them a description (on-topic, factual) of what debian is and is not.

  Whether they make money on selling (perhaps) official Debian CD's or
  providing support for debian in romania is non-essential to me.

  In short, the 'freedom thing' of debian is a good thing, but our personal
  beliefs shouldnt interfere with the expansion/popularisation of what we
  consider to be a good distribution.

  So, who is going to write that 'spoiler'? - is there anyone on this list
  with notions of romanian or hungarian (largest minority in romania)?

  Robert Ribnitz