Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

Hello, list,

I read the discussion of desirable conduct between people working
 for  Debian, (which starts at

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2001/debian-project-200110/msg00102.html)

It seems to consist of
  -how should Debian developers interact
  -does this apply to a mailinglist extraneous to Debian

I understand that you are seeking consensus on this.

I found a listmessage in the archive that might express consensus
  on the first issue. It comes complete with rationale.
  It is from the boot-floppies mailing list.
  here it is :

>> > You don't need to NMU is, I'm perfectly able to do it.
>> > Could you answer me though?  How much space do you
>> > need?  How tight is powerpc?  Has any effort been
>> > made to slim down the other apps as well?
>>
>> i would not have reopened the bug if i didn't need the space.
>
>I was able to build busybox on PowerPC, and it was uploaded.  I didn't
>have a problem with the size of the root disks.  Obviously there's
>something going on with your build machine that isn't happening on
>mine.
>
>> none of the crap i disabled is used or needed on boot-floppies.
>> period.
>>
>> bloat is unacceptable and `but i386 is ok' is not an acceptable
>> excuse.
>>
>> i asked for over 30k of savings and you gave me half for no good
>> reason.
>>
>> stop wasting time or get an NMU.
>
>*****, I need the good will and good work of other maintainers, we all
>need to cooperate if boot-floppies is going to keep moving forward.
>Are you intentionally trying to piss peoople off and make my job
>harder?
>
>This sort of vitriolic response to a valid question is completely
>uncalled for.  Especially in a volunteer organization, where people
>contribute because they want to, because it's fun.  You're just
>killing the fun, and not helping anyone.

I have deleted names as they are not relevant to the current topic.

may the spirit of christmas be with you,

Siward.

France is a beautifull country.
They have "cafe croissant".
That is when the amount of coffee in your cup spontaneously increases ;-)