Re: Debian review @ PC Magazine

* Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> [011028 06:37]:
>   For comparison, Caldera, Mandrake, and Turbo got 3, Suse got 4, and
> RedHat got 4 and the editor's choice.
>   I wanted to vote for Debian in the sidebar, but it wasn't an
> option, although Libranet is..

Ok, how about you try to make debian the 'best' under the structure
that we dont dictate personal prefrence on the user.  With the advent of
stuff like Pax[*] (go overfiend and company) and other debian technical
insanity to avoid making the user acutally have to work off of any
single maintainers need to force people into anything. (not that its
bad, I personally think that what debian does is great)

Anyhow...
I'm perfectly happy that debian isn't the best for newbies.  Many people
actually getting paid and working on debian are actually focusing on
making life easier for large installations of machines, imo, and not how
joe sixpack can install linux alongside his new ripped copy of xp
corp. edition. (woohoo! generalzations!)

[*] Pax Displayicus Managerius

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net