Re: www.linux.com - opinion

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001, Ian Beard wrote:
> Please read my article at www.linux.com - opinion.

Done that. BTW, if multi-threaded support is so important to you and your
company and it is not immediactly available, the libre software way is to
write your own/improve whatever is there and share.

I do fail to see how a system composed of multiple threads is any more
simple than a system with multiple processes (given that a thread and a
process are equally "light" to a Linux kernel; threads are not any faster,
especially not Posix threads).  But that is a discrusion for another day,
and another mailinglist.

> I tried compiling ddd on Red Hat 7.1 and failed. Does your distribution
> support multi-threaded debugging, with ddd.

One poster that replied to your arcticle suggests that it can be done in
Debian. According to http://packages.debian.org, you will need to use our
latest development distribution (i.e. "Debian unstable") to get the tools
you need, that is gdb 5.0 and a new-enough ddd.

Please direct futher questios of this nature to
debian-user@lists.debian.org, since they deal not with the Debian project
itself. Also, be warned that Debian unstable is exactly that: cutting-edge
and sometimes unstable (not the programs; the distribution itself).

  Henrique Holschuh