Re: Project name

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 03:06:56PM +0200, Lars Bahner wrote:
> I was just wondering if commonly used project name, ie. ``Debian
> GNU/Linux'' is starting to be somewhat misleading?

We are the Debian Project, and we have a project called Debian GNU/Linux :)

> The title "Debian/GNU"

God no, not Debian/GNU, that's so ugly and pointless.

The only thing where this string exists is the Apache version string AFAIR,
though that should be fixed one day, too.

> or maybe just "Debian" seems to be more appropriate.

Nobody seems to mind when people use just Debian to name both the project or
any of the distributions.

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.