Re: East Bay Linux User Group

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 01:48:39PM -0700, Sommer Farrin wrote:

> Hello. My LUG is hosting an Installfest on July 28. There is a lost of
> interest in installing Debian. Could you send me over some promotional
> copies of some software? Let me know. Thank you very much.

There's really no excuse for anyone in the bay area to be begging for
free Debian CDs.  Especially not from the project at large.  It's not
like Debian is a commercial company trying to sell things.  And the
bay area is *full* of Debian members (e.g. me) and users.

I mean, *maybe*, if you lived in some obscure corner of the globe
where CD burners can't be found on every block, something could be
arranged, but the bay area hardly qualifies... :)

I recommend checking with the CABAL (Coalition of All Bay Area LUGs),
or BAD (Bay Area Debian group).

I'm pretty sure that Rick Moen (of CABAL) has a standing offer to burn
Debian CDs at his house for anyone interested.  He also might be
willing to help out with the installfest (he has _lots_ of installfest
experience).

http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/
http://bad.debian.net

cheers
Chris (from Oakland)
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single