Re: Bosnian translation of instalation process..

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 07:55:01AM +0000, Amila Akagic wrote:
> My name is Amila Akagic and I'm the member of Linux User Group of Bosnia
> and Herzegovina. We (LUG - http://www.lugbih.org) would like to translate
> instalation process (and documents) of Debian into Bosnian language.
>
> Can you give me some information about what should we do and who do we need
> to contact?

ok, this is not all in one place.

1.) Boot-Floopies (the CD-Version use this too):
    This is all in CVS. I attache the README-CVS from the BF's to this
    Mail.
    In the top-dir is a README-Translators with more imformation.

    But you must hustle: BF's are only a woody thing, after this we
    use d-i and this has a other technique (see 2.)

2.) After the first boot, start base-config, this use debconf.
    I have start a debconf template translation web page. You can use
    this and translate this and others debconf templates.

    See: http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/

3.) the last debian thing are the package description.

    Now I start a mail-server (like the BTS) and this server send your
    untranslatet package description, you translate this and send this
    to the server back...

    Now this is in beta and a german only thing. But this server can
    support other languages to. (if you have translated the debconf
    and you will translate the description too, mail me)

Gruss
Grisu
"The official mascot of this operating system is the Linux Penguin.
 Know why he's smiling? He's a Linux user!" on www.msnbc.com/news/191174.asp