More information

Hi,

My name is Karen. I'm interested in obtaining the Debian GNU/Linux v2.2r3 but first I wont to ask some irrelevant questions. Basically I wont some background information which I couldn't find on your sites.

Before I get started asking my question I would like you to take note of the e-mail address. I'm using my mothers computer so her address came up instead. My address is karentina@hotmail.com . So if you could please mail a response to me, that would be great.

The information I'm lacking from your sites is more about the history and design of the program.

Firstly, who designed it? Was it Linux, GNU, who? Even the name of a programmer or the original inventor will do me.

What's the history of the operating system? How long has it been around? What's it's ideal use?

What type of operating system is it? I know it's a 'universal operating system' but what does that mean? Is it an office operating system, home, shop, what?

I know most of this questions are strange, your site has told me how to install it, how much it costs but not where it came from.

In-case you're wondering, my mother asked me to update her 95 windows OS so I'm researching for her.

If you could please get back to me with these answers I would be most appreciative.

thankyou
karen