Re: Information

"Young, Guy" <gyoung@ball.com> writes:

> I am computer science major at Regis University currently taking an
> operating system class. I have a project do either an a operating system or
> comparing operating systems. I was curious if you could send me some
> information on the nuts and bolts of how debian works.

Debian is not an operating system but I guess what Sun used to call an
"operating environment".  Debian uses other operating systems,
primarily Linux although there is a HURD effort and even (?) a
FreeBSD-based effort.

Anyhow, if you're interested in the kernel, you will probably wanna to
the Linux kernel folks.  There are many books on the market about
Linux as well.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>