Re: The highest quality distributor(s) of Debian Official CDs.

Hi Simmons-Davis!

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Simmons-Davis wrote:

> I have set up Debian and the X Windows System and whenever I boot up
> my computer it automatically starts XDM. I would like to know how to
> get Debian to automatically start in text mode at the command line.
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you very much.

Remove the xdm package with "apt-get remove xdm". It is possible that
the package management system also wants to remove task-x-window-system,
but this is no problem, you don't need the task package.

Next time please ask question like this on the debian-user list which
is more approriate.

so long and have fun with Debian
					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :    By professionals,