Re: [PROPOSAL] Allowing crypto in the main archive

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 02:47:57PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> But if I don't misunderstand chapter 7 (and 8) of the GPL a program
> licenced under the GPL that is threatened by a patent may no longer be
> DFSG-free.

7: Basically, those threats don't excuse you from the GPL requirements:
if you can't grant GPL terms to someone, then you can't distribute under
the GPL to anyone.

This would be non-DFSG if we couldn't distribute it at all.

8: if some country makes GPL distribution impossible, it's ok to ignore
that country.

I'm not sure about this -- it feels like our non-US, but of course it's
slightly different.

--
Raul