Re: [PROPOSAL] Allowing crypto in the main archive

    Wichert> I've been reading through the current US export policies
    Wichert> in between lately to see if we still need non-US, or at
    Wichert> least in the way we currently have it (there is lots of
    Wichert> info on the crypto policies at
    Wichert> http://www.bxa.doc.gov/Encryption/Default.htm).

Thank you for the pointer, I will have a look at it as soon as time
permits.

[SNIP]

    Wichert> In light of this I'm proposing to change section 2.1.5 of
    Wichert> the Debian policy to say:

[SNIP]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that program which are
under a DFSG-compliant *license* and which don't have
patent-encumbered code will be allowed to stay in main?  I'm trying to
clear my mind on this, so pardon if the question is somewhat stupid.

Best regards,

Andrea Glorioso