Re: Status of non-US

Its worse than it looks, as Debian may already be violating the law in
that at least sendmail, fetchmail, mutt (in US) ship source code capable
of calling the SSL libraries - At least the sendmail folk have decided
they need to post the crypto notes on their site, and they don't even
provide binarys.

I've brought this up several times and never gotten anywhere - the
consensus seems to be that, as long as we're putting SSL linked
packages in US that we're fine.

I'd feel much better if we had some legal folk give an opinion.
(I've even contemplated filling forms for the sendmail packages,
but that almost admits we're guilty on the others).

--
Rick Nelson

 [   ]  DOGBERT
 [ 2 ]  RICHARD STALLMAN