Re: RFC: Changing the NM system

On 00-12-17 Martin Schulze wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > > Yes, and the main point of my proposal is: An applicant doesn't get his
> > > account before he had worked some months for Debian. This lets us judge on
> > > his whole work (e.g. his knowledge about packaging, how he handles
> > > bugs,...).
> >
> > I think we should define that he has to work several months for Debian.

> The problem is that you cannot enforce this.  Just think about somebody
> who suddenly loses his vision or gets stuck with real-life stuff.

Well, if he loses his vision, I think he won't come back to work again
for debian. And if someone has problems with his real-life, he can often
tell an estimated date when he will have his problems solved. That's why
I just wrote several months, without any further defintion. So this can
mean two months in a series, but also one two weeks, then 6 weeks, where
he' stuck because of real-life and then 4 weeks. (Don't take this
figures literally, they are just examples). I just think it would be
good to have them work a certain time for debian first.

> > Maybe he has already done a lot in the past or is involved in a lot of
> > software projects? Does he still need to work for debian some months to

> That at least would be a sign of a real interest which makes it unlikely
> that he vanishes after a while - excluding accidents and the like.

Agreed.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member