Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included
- From: Brian Mays <email@example.com>
- Date: 30 Nov 2000 16:13:28 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "30 Nov 2000 16:07:03 -0500"
- References: <20001130122722.B6329@adsl-63-195-123-115.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
email@example.com (Rando Christensen) writes:
> Okay, so what's the problem with all gpl'd packages Depending on a
> package called 'license-gpl' ?
Nothing is wrong with this idea, except that it is unnecessary. All
packages implicitly depend on the "Essential" packages, and the GPL is
located in "base-files", an essential package.
Therefore, your idea has already been implemented.