Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included
- From: Brian Mays <email@example.com>
- Date: 30 Nov 2000 00:15:40 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "29 Nov 2000 23:59:40 -0500"
- References: <20001130120026.D6656@azure.humbug.org.au> <Pine.LNX.3.96.1001129203856.3658Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
> However, if I compile the selfsame GPL'd debian package for use on a
> non-Debian system, then it is my responsibility to ensure a copy of
> the GPL of whichever version is cited, travels along with the package
> to the destination.
Note that if you are recompiling the Debian package, then you are using
the source, which *contains* the GPL for all copy-lefted packages within
the Debian distribution.