Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> It just occured to my that effectively, both privileges are not granted to
> Debian members only. We have sponsors who upload packages contributed by
> non-members. Although those can't upload themselves, it is prettym uch the
> same. And we all know that debian-private is sometimes leaked to non-Debian
> members (as unfortunate as it is).
>
> So I was wrong: There is no privilege granted by becoming a Debian member,
> unless I forgot to consider something.

	Debian members are granted access to a number of Debian
maintained systems of different platforms (some of them quite
powerful).  The trust involved here goes without saying.

	They also have the ability to submit binaries directly
to the master archive.  There's a lot of trust in this too;  this says
Debian trusts this user to provide binaries that will most likely be run
by hundreds if not thousands of users.

	Chris Pimlott