Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

In message <[🔎] 20000801194659.C2325@ulysses.dhis.net>, Marcus Brinkmann writes:
>On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:07:24PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
>> Membership is a privilege,
>
>The privilege to work, or what?

  IMO the privilege to be trusted to contribute to Debian, represent it well
and to adhere to the social contract and support the DFSG since that's what
you essentially agree to when you sign on.  The trust goes to the fact that
thousands of users rely on the packages that you upload not containing
trojans and other code harmful to their systems.
  This is my opinion, and if this attitude ever changes in Debian to
something contrary, I don't think that I'll stick around long.  But I think
I can safely say that most of the developers would agree with this statement.

Just my 14 centimes (~=2 cents).

Regards, Nils.