Re: An ammendment (Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free)

(Reformatted for clarity;  debian-vote trimmed)

  John> What do we need a GR for this?  What makes you think that there is
  John> utility in us actually providing it?

  Dirk> What makes *you* think there isn't?  Nice "holier than you" attitude.

  John> Before you flame, perhaps we could get an answer.  I don't see any
  John> need at all.  It's already said in most cases, he's just rewording
  John> it.

Maximising utility over a set will yield a result at least equal to the
utility from maximising over a constrained subset of the full set. In other
words, we cannot be worse off by allowing non-free in.

Everybody not wearing your politically tainted glasses clearly sees the
higher utility from being able to use non-free, if so desired. If our users
don't want it, they don't use it. That ease. It's about choice, not
totalitarian prescription.

If you want a "politically correct" subset of Debian, go ahead and fork.

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.