Re: Incoming

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:12:30PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> The following URL will yeild the incoming directory on master,
>
> http://incoming.debian.org/
>
> The purpose of this is to allow non-developers to fetch specific packages
> from incoming at the explicit prompting of debian developers.

this is good and useful.

> *** DO NOT MIRROR THIS SITE ***
>
> I hope to dismantle the sites mirroring incoming in favor of direct
> access, it ultimately will use less bandwidth/cpu.

this is bad. sometimes installing stuff from incoming is essential
because packages in unstable depend on new packages which haven't made
it out of incoming yet, or even because version in unstable is broken
and the fixed version has been sitting in incoming for several days (or
more).

craig

--
craig sanders