Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:55:09AM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> > Again, Linux couldn't mount FreeBSD partition. I'm afraid they should
> > use theirs native file system..
>
> Are you sure? I think I have mounted my FreeBSD partition in linux.
> It has been a long time since I tried it though since I do not use
> BSD regularly.

Yes, you're right!

I've installed the newest stable kernel and it was all right.
It resolves the problem with installation base system from Linux boot floppy.

What about booting FreeBSD from extfs?

--
Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki   GCM d- s-:- a-- C++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++>$ E---- W-
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl       N++ o? K? w-- O-- M- V- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++ t-- 5--