Re: new release process (package pool) being proposed

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > The ftpmasters do their work for the project.  They exist
> > on behalf of the project.  The project does not exist as result
> > of the ftpmasters, it's vice versa.
>
> True. However that doesn't always seem to work that way. A good example
> is that we have a consensus to create a science-section in the archive,
> but that still hasn't happened yet.

Then why?  Does a proper bug report exist?  Is it just slowly processing
bug report?  Or is it something else?

> > Thus if the project (or the project leader) wants things to be
> > done with the archive, the ftpmasters have to get it implemented
> > (with or without help from others) or they will have to be replaced.
>
> True, however I feel that any proposal like this that is made without
> consulting them or the release manager is less likely to succeed.

True, consulting them is recommended, though it looked like you want
them to decide - which would be the wrong way.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Debian GNU/Linux                           The choice of a GNU generation.