Re: Linux

> > I want to learn Linux/Unix.  Is Debian OS right for
> > that?
> <snip>
> To your question:
> In my opinion no.
Well, in my opinion yes :).  I've done it this way, in fact Debian was the first operating system I ever saw (really!  I did see a mac before but never thouched it).  Thus I claim Debian is suitable for learing *NIX like systems.
The installing might perhaps be a bit more difficult than others, but again my first installation I ever did was also Debian (however after being user for some time).

Thus if you are intrested I would certainly give it a try!

Regards,
floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom