Re: Why "free" shouldn't have to mean "complicated"

Good evening

You both are right. Thank you for your answers.

Matt Zimmerman was just telling me that free software is developed by
volunteers and that they do what they'd like to do. Well, I knew. And also I
knew that choosing Debian just an ideologic thing -- because it is really
free.

I just thought that there should be a way to bring free software to more
people than only hard-core-developers. I thought that it too could be an aim
to coordinate development to do more than just the things that are the most
important for developers themselves (ISDN support if you want to use ISDN,
UDF if you want to write a CD like a HD -- if it is complicated or not
doesn't matter).

But in my opinion free software fails if it is only for geeks. Why not try
to coordinate development to make an easier installer? Why not bring to
people what you are working for so hard? I'm sure that there are people that
would like to make things simpler. I hope they will do so.

However, my proposal may be forgotten and free software may look for its own
little piece in world of hard core developers. I only hope that it won't and
it will be shown to all J. S.s on this world that there is still an other, a
free way -- and with working for users (not developers) you will hold what
you are dreaming of in your "social contract".

My services are offered.
Yours
Felix