Re: irc.debian.org

Hallo! Du (Andrew Suffield) hast geschrieben:
>On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 02:54:08PM +0200, Cord Beermann wrote:

>> (freenode-people: the in my opinion acceptable way to collect funds
>> and something, would be to write it in the motd of your servers. It
>> would be ok to enforce showing the motd on login to your net.)
>
>It is completely and utterly impossible to "enforce" showing
>anything. The client decides what to display.

correct. but OPN doesn't seem to send the motd on connect. However:
an even better (to my opinion) method to notify every user about
fundraising would be to use the MemoServ. Each user would be notified
ONCE, and not two times a day.

</offtopic>

The first decision to make (or not) is if Debian should continue to
point irc.debian.org to OPN.

When there is consesus about moving away, there should be the
discussion where to point to.

Cord
--
Cord Beermann   cord@Wunder-Nett.org (Privat)