Re: stfp

> Svein.Sando@dmmh.no wrote:
>
> Is there a sftp server package on Debian? I have seached several
> times, but can't find any.
> There is a firewall on my system which blocks for ordinary ftp, so I
> can't maintain my files from outside the firewall.

Hello Svein,

Did you mean hfstp? I thought sftp
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5799/sftp.README.html
was just a curses-based front end to FTP.

hsftp is in Woody (and Sid):
http://packages.debian.org/testing/non-us/hsftp.html

"Package: hsftp 1.11-1 [non-us]
FTP emulator which uses ssh as end-to-end transport

hsftp is an ftp emulator that provides the look-and-feel
of an ftp session, but uses ssh to transport commands and
data. No dedicated daemon (apart from sshd) is required."

HTH,

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038
'And I looked at him
and my blood ran cold And I said:
"My name is Sue!
How do you do! Now you gonna die!!" Johnny Cash, poet.