Re: Unsatisfied dependencies libcupsimage2 on sid

On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 09:49:05AM +0200, Thierry Teyssot wrote:
> I found a bug - here is the message

Hi, here is a reference about how to report Bugs in Debian:
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Please consider that unsatisfied dependencies can happen in the unstable
repository at any time and are usually fixed in a few days time. sid is
an unreleased developer version in the frist place.

> root@thierry:~# apt install libcupsimage2
> Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier
> que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez
> la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
> été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
> L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Please consider running output that is used for a bug report with an
English locale. This makes it easier to debug. English is the project's
language, not every developer speaks french.

> Unsatisfied dependencies:
>  libcups2t64 : Casse: libcups2 (< 2.4.7-1.2)
>  libcups2t64:i386 : Casse: libcups2 (< 2.4.7-1.2)

I guess that "Casse" means "Breaks", and that means that libcupsimage2
explicitly declares itself incompatible with any libcups2 earlier than
2.4.7-1.2. That is the version currently in unstable.

Which version of libcups2 do you have installed? Is your installation up
to date?

Greetings
Marc