Debian Packages for the New Architecture

Hi,

I do not know how far the Bookworm release process has progressed and whether the new development cycle has already started.

For the New Architecture for printing Debian needs to have the following packages:

- cpdb-libs 2.x
- cpdb-backend-cups 2.x
- cpdb-backend-file 2.x

   These packages need to get updated to the newest version

- gtk4 with CPDB support

   CPDB packages (see above) and gtk4 need to be updated
   gtk4 needs to be built with CPDB support, see example in my Ubuntu
   PPA:
   https://launchpad.net/~till-kamppeter/+archive/ubuntu/new-arch-dev

- PAPPL

   Package already in Debian

- LPrint Printer Application

   Package already in Debian

- libpappl-retrofit1
- libpappl-retrofit-dev
- legacy-printer-app

   pappl-retrofit needs to be added to Debian as NEW package

- ps-printer-app
- ghostscript-printer-app
- hplip-printer-app
- gutenprint-printer-app

   The retro-fitting Printer Applications need to get added as NEW
   packages.

- hp-printer-app

   Also this one needs to get added as NEW package.

For the NEW packages I suggest the following:

Jeremy and/or Seb upload/propose the new packages so that Thorsten, who is then allowed to review the additions, reviews them as a person who knows well about Linux printing. If Thorsten would upload them it would get difficult to find a reviewer.

The creation/upload of the Debian package of pappl-retrofit should be easy as I have already created a Ubuntu package. The packaging of the Printer Application packages can be derived from the lprint package.

Generally packaging and testing examples for the New Architecture you find in my development PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~till-kamppeter/+archive/ubuntu/new-arch-dev

WDYT?