Re: Ghostscript orphaned

On 14/02/2023 00:01, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
Oh, I have to admit I have no clue what this means :-).
But in case leptonica is related to leptonlib, keeping the convenience copy is a very bad thing as leptonlib is affected by lots of CVEs.
The same seems to happen with tesseract ...
And please don't shoot the messanger, this sound like something that has to wait until after the release.

I do not actually know what leptonlib is and that it existed. I am already using the convenience copy of leptonica in Ghostscript for a longer time as the system's leptonica is not in Main. There were no complaints and especially no CVEs about that, and so I simply relied on Ghostscript's upstream developers in terms of upstream maintenance and security here.

According to doc/HowToBuildTheDocs.txt:
"This documentation relies on Sphinx to publish HTML & PDF docs from markdown files written with restructured text / RST"

At least debian/rules uses sphinx-build ...

I only had a look into the debian/ directory and did not see the doc/HowToBuildTheDocs.txt file.

Thank you very much.