Re: Debian Packages for the New Architecture

Hi Till,

On Wed, 31 May 2023, Till Kamppeter wrote:
I do not know how far the Bookworm release process has progressed and whether the new development cycle has already started.

the release is planned on 2023-06-10 and afterwards the fun may begin again.

For the New Architecture for printing Debian needs to have the following packages:

(...)

I am missing KDE/QT in this list. Is everything already available there? Would KDE users still be able to print? In your PPA you only mention gtk4. I think xfce, lxde, cinnamon and some other desktop environments still depend on gtk3. Are there any efforts to implement CPDB there as well? It looks like the old printing architecture needs to be available in parallel to CPDB. Would that be possible? If I remember correctly there are some hurdles, aren't they? What can we do when cups3 appears?

For the NEW packages I suggest the following:

Jeremy and/or Seb upload/propose the new packages so that Thorsten, who is then allowed to review the additions, reviews them as a person who knows well about Linux printing. If Thorsten would upload them it would get difficult to find a reviewer.

Oh, what do you mean by reviewer and especially what reviewer with knowledge about printing? May I have no packaging fun here?

  Thorsten