Re: SCANNER HP SCANJET PRO 2500 f1 doesn't work

On Sun 16 May 2021 at 21:09:16 +0200, RIK wrote:

> Thanks Brian, for the reply, I had already formulated my request for
> help on the mint forum, but I got answers as I already knew. I thank you
> once again for the pleasure you are giving me, I hope to be able to
> solve this problem of mine if possible. One last question, I hope the
> seller gives me the option to replace it with another scanner of the
> same brand, can you tell me which model that works ???thanks again, good
> continuation of the day, best regards.attached the file you asked me.
>
> Sorry for my apologize.
>
> Riccardo
>
> Il 16/05/21 17:39, Brian Potkin ha scritto:
> > On Sun 16 May 2021 at 01:19:31 +0200, RIK wrote:
> >
> > > Hello to those who will read this email,
> > >
> > > I bought an HP scanjet pro 2500 f1 scanner, but unfortunately with mint
> > > 20.1, the scanner is not seen by the OS. I tried all the ways, then I
> > > read that this scanner is not detected by the OS. in trying all the
> > > ways, following the notes of a site step by step, I generated a file
> > > that I attach to the email. in the end it is clearly seen that there are
> > > 16 errors, of which many packages are damaged, and they prevent me from
> > > updating and / or installing them, which also happens in mint 20.1 live
> > > ISO !!can i get an answer about the possible installation of this scanner ??
> > >
> > > I don't know which saint to turn to ....
> > >
> > > my working condition mint 20.1 hplip 3.20.11
> > >
> > > thanks in advance, best regards.
> > >
> > > riccardo
> > Riccardo, you really should be asking this question at
> >
> >    https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=51
> >
> > However, I will give it one shot, and one shot only. Please
> > provide the output from
> >
> >    lsusb -v | grep -A 3 bInterfaceClass.*7
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Brian.

Hello Riccardo,

Your 'lsusb -v' is very useful but unfortunately indicates that the
idea I had in mind will not work. You may or may not have seen these
discussions about your device:

  https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/690958
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1847142
  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/150

Some users appear to have found solutions to the same issue as yours.

I am afraid I haven't any more advice to give.

Regards,

Brian.