Question: compiler options for CUPS modules?

(non-subscriber, please include me in replies)

Greetings,

I've been maintaining CUPS-PDF ever since it entered Debian.

Recently, Lintian has been giving all sorts of hints about enabling
hardening. Bug reports at Debian and at derivatives suggest that some
of the hardening options might cause CUP-PDF to fail at writing files
to the expected destination.

I was this wondering what sort of hardening options (if any) are used
for buiilding other CUPS printer drivers that require compiling?

Thanks!
Martin-Éric