Re: Syncing Ghostscript with Ubuntu

On 07/02/2020 20:02, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Are you sure the issue with ppc64 still apply?  I ask because apparently
it builds fine on Debian:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ghostscript

For me it actually happened that gcc got stuck on one file when running with -O3 on ppc64el. See the linked bug report. Therefore I checked and found out that Ubuntu's Ghostscript package had the exception rule.

My suspect is now that Debian compiles with -O2 by default, Ubuntu with -O3, meaning that the problem will not occur on Debian.

So I would be grateful if you could adopt the exception rule, simply for smooth syncing.

In case under Debian ghostscript actually builds with -O3 on ppc64el, please add to the "if" something so that the rule is only applied on Ubuntu.

Can perhaps also be gcc version:

till@till-x1yoga:~/ubuntu/ghostscript/focal$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 9.2.1-28ubuntu1) 9.2.1 20200203

till@till-x1yoga:~/ubuntu/ghostscript/focal$

Thanks in advance