Re: Printing packaging rework 2020

On 31/01/2020 14:03, Brian Potkin wrote:
I would say 100% of popular network printers available for users to
purchase in at least the past five years have AirPrint. For our
purposes this is the defining aspect of driverless. A number of devices
is USB only.

How common are USB-only printers vs. network printers? Do modern USB-only printers do IPP-over-USB? Or is there still a substantial fraction of users using printer drivers due to USB-only printers?

Independent of this we should generally recommend network multi-function devices to Linux/Chrome OS/free-software-OS users if they want to print and/or scan.