Re: ippusbxd: Error: libusb init failed with error: LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER

On 08/02/2019 10:39, Brian Potkin wrote:
My HP ENVY4500 works with libusb 1.0.21 on Mint (which is based on
Bionic).

[...]

I'll encourage the user to test with no printer and, if necessary,
submit a bug report.

I also suggest that he tests with another Linux distribution and with his Epson. So one can see whether it is the printer or the libusb.

And, in the case that he observes the problem, he should run libusb in debug mode. For this, stop any running ippusbxd

killall ippusbxd

and run it with this command

ippusbxd --debug 2>&1 | tee log.txt

and attach log.txt to the bug report.