How long until a deleted printer actually vanishes?

Hi,

in my overengineered home network, I have

- a VLAN with my Laser Printer and an Inkjet.
- another VLAN with my CUPS server, parada, running Debian stable
- another VLAN with my desktop workstation, fan, running Debian
  unstable and KDE.
- a router/firewall, barrida, running a packet filter and avahi-daemon
  in reflector configuration.

The printer is configured to do avahi/zeroconf, parada and fan both have
avahi-daemon installed and running, and both also have cups-browsed
installed and running. The ultimate goal is to be able to print from
Linux, from Windows and from iOS devices. Unfortunately, this has not
been successful so far, sometimes part of the functions work, sometimes
not.

For debugging, I have deleted all printer definitions from fan's CUPS
server and all but the Inkjet definition from parada's CUPS server.

As I read on the wiki, GTK applications get their printer list from
avahi, so I'd have expected the printer list presented by evince to be
empty but the Inkjet. However, it shows the Inkjet and one old entry for
the Laser Printer ("c534-ka51 Lexmark C534-KA51 on parada"). I guess
that one is a leftvoer from the deleting procedure.

Which daemons (cups? cups-browsed? avahi?) on which hosts do I restart
to have the old printer entry vanish? Or, alternatively, how long do I
have to wait until those entries time out eventually?

Another question, will my Lexmark C534 (it can do Postscript, prints PDF
uploaded via ftp and alot more, but does not do AirPrint by itself) be
eligible for driverless printing?

Would it be helpful in any way to upgrade parada to buster? Usually I
keep my infrastructure systems on Debian stable, but I can make an
exception here if that is actually helpful.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc